Coin new design, approved by the Senate of the Grand Duchy of Finland in April 1917 (a month after the abdication of Nicholas II from the throne). Minted from copper in Helsingfors (Helsinki). Used in currency of Finland before the end of 1918, while the independence of Finland received in December 1917. 1 penny is equal to 1/100 mark.
The obverse of the coin the ring is placed the emblem of the Grand Duchy of Finland sample in 1856, but without Imperial crowns: on the chest of the Russian two-headed eagle heraldic shield depicting a crowned lion surrounded by nine sockets. Lion in the raised right paw is holding a sword and tramples on the sword. The shield is crowned German princely crown.
The reverse of the coin , nominal value in Finnish: at the top of the figure 1, below "PENNI" Still below the year of issue "1917".
The obverse and reverse sides of the coins have a protruding around the circumference of the rim with inward-facing teeth.