The coin is minted from copper in Helsingfors (Helsinki) by order of the government of the Russian Empire
. Used in currency of Finland before the end of 1918, while the independence of Finland received in December 1917. 1 penny is equal to 1/100 mark.The obverse of the coin
in the ring depicts a monogram of Nicholas II (Latin edition): a large stylized letter "N" at the bottom of Roman numeral "II"with horizontal fluting. Crowned monogram with an Imperial crown with flying tape of Andrew's order.On the coin reverse
in the center of the specified denomination in Finnish: at the top the number "10" below "PENNIÄ" Still below the year of issue "1914". The inscription is surrounded by two oak branches tied at the bottom with tape.
The obverse and reverse sides of the coins have a protruding around the circumference of the rim with inward-facing teeth.