The coin is minted from silver 868 samples in Helsingfors (Helsinki). Used in currency of Finland before the end of 1918, while the independence of Finland received in December 1917. Mark 1 consisted of 100 pence.On the obverse
is placed the coat of Arms of the Grand Duchy of Finland sample in 1856: the Russian double-headed eagle, crowned with three Imperial crowns (the average more than others, located above and connected with the rest of Andrew's band of the order), on his chest a heraldic shield depicting a crowned lion surrounded by nine sockets. Lion in the raised right paw is holding a sword and tramples on the sword. The shield is crowned German princely crown. At the bottom right near the tail of the eagle indicated the sign of mintmaster letter "S"(August Friedrich Soldan (Sоldan) 1864-1882). Under the arms in a semicircle along the edge to indicate the name of the Principality in English ("FINLAND" and Finnish ("SUOMI" languages. Two inscriptions separated by a five-leaf.On the coin reverse
in the center of a ring of raised dots specified denomination in Finnish: at the top the number "20" below "MARKKAA" Even below, under the horizontal line (two tapering sides of the line with a dot in the middle) the year of issue "1879". From the outside of the ring in a circle from left to right (starting at the top) that says: "5,806.. GRM.KULTAA. 0,645..GRM.KUPARIA" The beginning and the end of the label, separated by a five-leaf.
The obverse and reverse sides of the coins have a protruding around the circumference of the rim with inward-facing teeth.
Shown here are specimens from the Museum of the Goznak "History of money" Saint-Petersburg mint