The coin is minted from silver 750 in the city of Helsingfors (Helsinki). Used in currency of Finland before the end of 1918, while the independence of Finland received in December 1917. 1 penny is equal to 1/100 mark.
On the obverse is placed the coat of Arms of the Grand Duchy of Finland sample in 1856: the Russian double-headed eagle, crowned with three Imperial crowns (the average more than others, located above and connected with the rest of Andrew's band of the order), on his chest a heraldic shield depicting a crowned lion surrounded by nine sockets. Lion in the raised right paw is holding a sword and tramples on the sword. The shield is crowned German princely crown. At the bottom right near the tail of the eagle indicated the sign of mintmaster letter "L"(Conrad LIR (Lihr) 1889-1911).
On the coin reverse in the center of the specified denomination in Finnish: at the top of the number "50" below "PENNIÄ" Still below the year of issue "1907". The inscription is surrounded by two oak branches tied at the bottom with tape.
The obverse and reverse sides of the coins have a protruding around the circumference of the rim with inward-facing teeth.