Gold coins of this type with the dual denomination was produced from 1834 through 1841 to the two mints - Warsaw and St. PETERSBURG (different letters - "СПБ"or "MW". In 1841 was produced only in St. PETERSBURG.
The picture shows a copy from the exposition of the State Hermitage Museum, with a room HE-R-AZ-742.
After the war with Napoleon was held at the Congress of Vienna, which decided the question of state borders in Europe. To the Russian Empire
ceded the Duchy of Warsaw - the main part of Poland, repeatedly shared with 1772 between Prussia, Austria and Russia. In 1816, at the Warsaw mint began minting copper, silver and gold coins with inscriptions in Polish, which lasted until 1850. Included two types of coins. Later they were replaced by nationwide, which was used before the independence of Poland in 1918.