In 1721, Livonia (modern Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia) Treaty of Nystad became part of Russia, but in the beginning this area was used by the European minting coins (thalers and their derivatives). In 1756 began the Seven years ' war for spheres of influence in Europe, to this end, in Livonia was stationed a large number of Russian troops. The soldiers were given the salary of Russian coins, which was not very convenient. Then decided to start minting a special silver coin, the size used on this site before, but indicating the denomination in cents. So there was liones (96 cents), 1/2 leonesa (48 cents) and 1/4 leonesa (24 pennies), and coins in denominations of 2 and 4 cents. Embossing was carried out in 1756-1757 years. In 1756 all ratings except 2 cents, have two types of labels.
The picture shows a copy from the exposition of the State Hermitage with the number IT-R-2-7807.