In 1721, Livonia (modern Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia) Treaty of Nystad became part of Russia, but in the beginning this area was used by the European minting coins (thalers and their derivatives). In 1756 began the Seven years ' war for spheres of influence in Europe, to this end, in Livonia was stationed a large number of Russian troops. The soldiers were given the salary of Russian coins, which was not very convenient. Then decided to start minting a special silver coin, the size used on this site before, but indicating the denomination in cents. So there was liones (96 cents), 1/2 leonesa (48 cents) and 1/4 leonesa (24 pennies), and coins in denominations of 2 and 4 cents. Embossing was carried out in 1756-1757 years.
The photo shows the instances from the exposition of the State Hermitage Museum that have a number: HE-R-2-7813 and IT-R-2-7814.
Around the base of the inscription are separated by dots: "MONETA LIVOESTHONICA" date of issue and the denomination numerals.
Degree of rarity: 2.
Added by: Admin