In 1575 the city of Jever is located in the North of Germany, moved into the possession of the Dukes of Oldenburg, who ruled for about two centuries. In 1793, the land passed into the possession of the Russian Empress Catherine II, who was the sister of the last Prince. Thus the territory was owned by Russia. In 1798 limited produced silver coins of 1 and 1/2 Taler with inscriptions in German. In 1818 Jever was given to the descendants of Oldenburg.
Photo from www.rarecoins.ru