Added by: Admin
Author photo: Госбанк СССРPhoto source
The obverse of the coin at the top the emblem of the USSR of the sample of 1956 (15 bands of tape around the number of the Union republics, the lower coil larger than the other). Under the emblem of a large letter "СССР" yet below is the value: a large number "25" under it the word "РУБЛЕЙ" At the very bottom near Kant is the year of issue "1990". In the bottom left, under the horizontal line in the two lines marked metal, fineness and weight of pure silver "Pd 999 31,1" on the right side under the same trait located at the same level, is a mark of the Leningrad mint (stylized letters "ЛМД".
On the reverse there is a relief image of a sailboat on the background of the harbour of Three Saints. Upstairs along the rim, a semicircular inscription in cursive script: "250 ЛЕТ ОТКРЫТИЯ РУССКОЙ АМЕРИКИ" down more finely along the rim "ГАВАНЬ ТРЁХ СВЯТИТЕЛЕЙ 1784"(at the end of the label is the astrolabe).
The coin is issued on 22 April 1991. On the front and back parts of the coin along the circumference has a raised rim.
The Harbor is Three Saints on Kodiak island, which is one of the largest Islands of the Aleutian archipelago. In 1784 G. Shelikhov founded a Russian settlement, which became the first in Alaska. In 1792, here was a powerful tsunami that destroyed the village. The settlement was moved inland, now the city of Kodiak.